FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - #2 on standby with a middle seat. 5 others got an aisle or window?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:12 pm
CloneCones

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist;[url=tel:31697495
31697495[/url]]Were you actually booked (confirmed) onto the flight or going standby? If you're confirmed, you should be eligible for upgrades to FC or "upgrades" to C+ if available. Otherwise, GAs just tend to assign seats in the easiest way possible, although you might have done better if you had asked nicely for a window or aisle, or a seat toward the front if possible. Of course another hypothesis is that those getting windows and aisles were non revs and the GA was looking out for his/her own.

According to concur and my Amex travel and my delta confirmation emails I was confirmed with seat 00. So I guess I was but not seat assigned? I do remember looking and didn't have an option of changing. I was and am confirmed upgraded to first on my other 3 legs of this trip. This was the only one that was wonky.

I was on the upgrade list for both F and C+. 5th for 0 seats for F and 2nd for 1 seat in C+. Again I wasn't expecting a whole lot since I booked this 3 days ago. I believe my fare was H for this leg.