FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:18 am
ymarker

I am keeping my brokerage (taxable and non-taxable accounts) elsewhere, but just moved $100k in securities to hit the required minimum. Don't really plan to trade at boa so just keep the minimum for the cc boost.

TBH, it is going to be a tough sell to have wife juggle a couple of cards. But having permanently assigned categories (groceries/costco = USBank AR; dining = boa; gas = costco) I am hoping eases the pain - or so the plan is. Not sure it'll work out. Again this was a great selling point for the CNB cc - one card for all the major spend.

Originally Posted by gbryan84
I'm in the same boat and used this card as my primary for the last 3 years. I'm especially going to miss the unlimited PP and $100 Visa Air discount, which saved me over $1k/year for the past 3 years. My wife and I put $70-80k of annual spend on this card, which represents 95% of our total cc spend. My other cards are the legacy IHG card for the free night ($49 annual fee) and the Hilton AMEX Aspire for Diamond and free night ($450 annual fee). My spend breaks down to roughly the following;

$30k Grocery - family of 5. I'd say $10k of that was Amazon or other gift cards for the 3x.
$2k Gas - we might drive 8k miles/year
$15k Restaurants
$10k Airlines, Bus tickets and non-Hilton Hotels
$20k in non-bonus categories

I have zero interest in switching my banking/brokerage to BoA/Merrill. I just know if I do, that program will end. My wife has no patience for this and will only use 1 card. My renewal for CNB is 2/28 and I'll likely keep it for another year to spend down points (150k+) and possibly for the first $50k of spend for the airline club reimbursement, which is like an extra 1% back. I will certainly be dropping all my AU's before 2/28 though. This and the UA devaluation have hit me hard. Curious to hear what others plan to do if they're in the same situation.