FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta nepotism over customer loyalty
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2019, 4:22 pm
CaliguyNYC

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
I totally believe that the seats were given to employees instead of the OP. I once was on a paid J ticket AMS-JFK and my flight got delayed. I tried to move to another flight that had seats. KLM gate agent said flight full (but seats were being sold online). So I called Delta diamond line. They said one seat open and they would get me on. The KLM gate agent heard me, asked for my phone and literally yelled at the delta phone agent (Not kidding here). She said that KLM had control now and that the seat had been given to an employee and it was done. I told the delta agent to just put me on anther flight (because of delays two flights were leaving 1 hour apart). He did put me on (again last seat) and said go to the new gate to get boarding pas. The new gate agent was not happy (at all) but did give me the pass. I mean it is like pre internet days for KLM (they expect no transparency). The agents have WAY too much control and don’t follow Delta process. Why this is allowed or deemed good for business is beyond me. Aside from the none sense caused by the flight is under KLM control. I really like transiting in AMS and like KLM inflight staff.