FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hurricane Question
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:26 am
UMprof

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Gold
Hi all,

An update on the award travel re-deposit fee:

Woke up this morning and the FLL-GGT flight was indeed cancelled (note that i had already called last night to cancel the award tickets and re-deposit with the agent and supervisor's assurance that if the flight were to be subsequently cancelled then i could get reimbursed the $100 fee retroactively). So i call the elite line and the woman, after putting me on hold for 15-20 mins, says that the current supervisor says that since i redeposited *before* the flight was cancelled i'm not eligible to get the $100 back. But she said that the supervisor from last night is not currently there and that i should call back after 3:30 today to talk to him since he apparently felt otherwise.

I can see this policy if i had redeposited 2 weeks ago wth no knowledge of the hurricane possible. But I canceled 12 hours ago for the same reason I would have cancelled today...

I'll post again when this resolves - i was originally wary of trying to cancel an award ticket AFTER the flight pattern had already started. Apparently this might have been easier than trying to get the fee waived retroactively.

dennis