FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:30 am
rhwbullhead

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by garykung
I would have to say yes this time. Without it, your reimbursement will be likely to be reduced.

Your case is borderline because of the following:

While it is true that Chase says no receipt is required in your case (as the bill is $49.50 per person), Chase also says the charge must be reasonable.

No offense - I actually find that a meal for $49.50/person is highly questionable as reasonable, given that the GSA dinner per diem rate for both San Francisco and New York is $34.
I've read through a bunch of posts here and am trying to figure out how you all determine what is "reasonable" to spend.

I had a F9 flight cancelled last night my replacement flight is the same flight 24 hrs later.

Anyway, what amounts would you all consider "reasonable" for Las Vegas strip dining? I'm staying at Paris hotel for example. I assume I don't have to walk to Taco bell by Planet Hollywood

If I ate in this hotel, the pizza place would probably cost like $15. The burger dine in place is $15 burger plus sides. Dinner buffet would be like $36 or some of restaurants have $20-49 entrees.

I'd appreciate advice as Ive spent way to much time analyzing. Im not trying to abuse the benefit but I also would rather not go to cheapest fast food joints