FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Champagne service in Business lounges
View Single Post
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:18 am
gingerlucy

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by 225SG
Now I fully understand why BA doesnt have self pour champagne in the T5 business lounges as it would be a never ending bottle replacement service and cost a fortune.

However it is clear the staff are REALLY not happy about having to stop clearing plates and being asked to serve champagne.

Currently in T5 south business lounge which is reasonably busy and maybe the it's just this shift of staff but every request for champagne is met with a slight sigh and vague nod. Same when they deliver the drinks.
This is for all pax by the way not just us!

Not sure how it could be improved due to the sheer number of pax going through the lounge and doesnt detract from regular users really but for those who drinking champagne is a rare treat, especially in a lounge it's a bit of a let down as I have witnessed sitting here who were clearly excited about being in a business class lounge.
I find it easier all round to go and wait by the doors to the kitchen and ask someone on their way in or out. Otherwise I find if you interrupt someone "on the floor" who is in the middle of another task that is less well received (and I can see why as it must be annoying for them) and can result in a long wait. Agreed it is not the best thing to have to do.