FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Tell us what you think about our partnership with Marriott Bonvoy
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:46 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you think Kirby is an idiot, wait until you get familiar with Arne Sorenson - a kindergarten business class has more knowledge and insight.

Marriott is bleeding customers, or more specifically, hemorrhaging, customers right and left - benefits are slashed, redemption requirements are up, and the program is a mess, and don't get me started on that ridiculous program name that sounds like a ditzy highschool cheerleader yelling goodbye to her annoying friends. I made Lifetime Platinum under SPG, only to be knocked down two levels under the new program where Platinum is the new Gold. Now I primarily look for TA rates or just do AirBNB because with lifetime status, I have no reason to go out of my way to stay there.

Wake me up when United signs a deal with Hyatt - that would be more interesting for sure given the higher value of Hyatt points, a more streamlined program and nicer properties even if the footprint is smaller.