FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual fee on cancelled card
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:03 am
richarddd

Annual fee on cancelled card

I had an Amex Marriott Bonvoy card with an annual fee due in a few days that I've now cancelled. The fee is still showing as due. I had wanted to convert the card to a no fee Hiltion card (to preserve a large credit line on the old card), but that's not possible.

Rep one said to apply for the Hilton card, move the credit line when I get the physical Hilton card and so long as I cancel the Bonvoy card within a week of the fee due date (30 days after the fee charge posted) there won't be a problem.

Rep two said what rep one said probably works, but to be safe from problems from not paying the annual fee when due I should cancel now. I'd lose the Bonvoy credit line, but wouldn't have a problem regarding the fee, which would be cancelled with the card. I cancelled the card. The fee however is still there.

Rep three said not to worry about the fee, it will go away shortly. All of this was yesterday.

It's still there today. Getting various stories from different reps does not give me confidence.

What should I do? Talk to a fourth rep? Ask for a supervisor? Stop worrying?

Last edited by richarddd; Oct 31, 2019 at 3:12 am