FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Tell us what you think about our partnership with Marriott Bonvoy
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:03 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
As someone who earns Marriott status the hard way, I'm 100% fine with the current set-up. And see no good reason that Marriott should give the same benefits to a 9 night per year customer that it gives to a 99 nights per year customer.
And this is why I’m pursuing LT Bonvoy Plat as mentioned above, even though I have Hilton Diamond almost locked for life. Hilton gives Diamond away for a net $200-something cost with the cash rebates alone (even less if you take and use other benefits, which are great, I’ll admit, and a wonderful way to earn points).

I agree with Kacee. The 10 to 20-night Aspire cardholder receives the EXACT same treatment on property as me, a near 1000-night soon to be (I mean eventually to be) lifetime Diamond, with 70 paid/award nights this year.

Sure, you get milestone bonuses for every 10 nights above 40 and earnings are pretty good, but I’ve noticed a HUGE drop in upgrades and HUGE increase in lounge crowds since: The straight-to-Diamond credit card and the merger and the defectors from Bonvoy.

For those that hit Diamond organically by nights, segments or points, at least call it Diamond Plus or Diamond60 (Diamond1K for LT might get a cease and desist from UA ). Distinguish the CC holders from the true earners with easier access to upgrades, or maybe reserved seats in lounges like AMEX or some airlines do. @:-)