FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Tell us what you think about our partnership with Marriott Bonvoy
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:39 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I understand your viewpoint although I am not sure how lounge access by a 9 night per year customer limits your lounge access - it is not like a finite number of seats on a plane.
Lounge space is finite, so giving more people access absolutely impacts my experience. But I wasn't really referring to the lounges (as I'm not really a lounge person). My main issue is that Plat and Titanium upgrades generally come from the same pool. And yes, I object to the <20 night per year customer potentially beating me to an upgrade when I'm spending over $20k per year with Marriott.

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
There were comments on the UA FT board that the downgrade in benefits would see a flight from Marriott and Marriott would be back once it hit their bottom line. I am curious about the genesis of the survey.
Take FT commentary with a grain of salt. Marriott is doing just fine, despite totally botching the SPG merger.