FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:53 pm
horseymen

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
The other day I went to Walmart and tried to pay my Amex card. I created it in the app and scanned it at the register. Everything went through. I paid $1400 in cash and $1000 on debit. Just as everything processed the screen said cancelled or rejected or something and the drawer opened and said to refund the money. This was confirmed by a manager. Having previously had payments not work with the app I asked the cashier to try manually with my phone number. In the past this has had better success. She just kept the cash (I actually needed to pay this bill). Same thing happened, it was rejected at the end. She then paid me $2400 in cash.

Last night I check my account and 2 $2400 payments were posted to it. That's fine I needed to pay it. But how do I resolve this? There is no phone number on MoneyGram's website. I guess I'll go back to the Walmart and say hey if your register was short let me know.

WM bill pay is becoming so unreliable. I never know if something is going to go through or what's going on.
1) Create a bill pay in Walmart App
2) Use Cash and Debit
3) ???
4) Profit?!