FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Increasing Carry On Bag Enforcement, Audits (Oct 2019)
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:44 pm
AA100k

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
At South Florida airports when I’m headed back to the NYC area, I’ve seen people come with giant shopping bags on top of the regular assortment of two or three cabin baggage items. One group of women who were clearly overloaded with cabin baggage and stopped for it — and this was close to seven years ago — asked some of us, after they had scanned their boarding passes, if we would bring on board an item for them during the boarding process. I refused, but it seemed to me like the airline wasn’t stopping then from asking others to do so that time.
I accustomed to seeing these displays at check in but not the gate. And I’ve been asked more than once by another passenger to check their bag. When I remind them that’s against security regulations they act offended like I’m an @$$. I know we all complain about AAgents but I can’t imagine the crap they go through with the traveling public on a daily basis.