FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:52 pm
bon mot

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
YMMV. I have had this situation worth both ways. I *think* it ultimately either depends on whether there is a break in fare at the connecting city, and/or how long the overnight stop is. In one case, I had the system spit out itineraries that got me to my final destination a full 24 hours before my confirmed reservation and definitely on the previous calendar day. What I have gathered is that it is the scheduled day of departure that is the most important thing. This becomes *very* confusing for those of us departing form ANC where a 12:30 a.m. flight *cannot* be SDC'd to an 11:40 p.m. flight that is less than 1 hour earlier... But an 11:40 p.m. flight *can* be SDC'd to a 12:30 a.m. flight a full 23 hours and 10 minutes earlier...
Appreciate your help,

I have an upcoming SFO-ANC with an overnight at SEA that was too good of a price to pass up. I’m prepared to spend the evening at the Cathay lounge and then crash for a few hours at SEA (on my beloved Big Agnes) if I have to, but I’d prefer to head home as soon as my conference is over. And yes, it's beyond irritating to not be able to SDC most post-midnight flights