FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overweight Passenger Sues Southwest Over Seating Policy
Old Sep 1, 2004, 1:00 am
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nsx
SWA attracts passengers with a good attitude, just like its employees. The converse is equally true.
I've got to wonder if that's really true, though. Though, of course, the show is edited so that only the more interesting incidents are shown, SWA really seems to have it's share of Greyhound flyers. I've NEVER seen a sloppy, falling-down drunk in an airport, anywhere, but each episode of Airline seems to feature one. The POO (Passenger of Odor) appeared to be a homeless person who had scraped together enough money for a ticket -- I've never flown with a homeless person before, nor even seen one in an airport. I've never seen low-class, entitlement-demanding, first-time passengers cursing out gate agents (even the ones who deserved it ), but there seem to be at least two in every episode.

And I'm sorry, the last thing I'd ever want on a flight is FAs who use the intercom for impromptu entertainment, birthday announcements, guess-the-combined-age-of-the-FAs games, etc., though it seems like a of the pax shown on Airline do.

I know a lot of different kinds of people fly SWA, and for lots of different reasons, but on the whole, and judging, probably unfairly, from the three legs I've flown with them (on one I told the FA to have the police meet the plane because my wife was assaulted by another passenger -- so much for pax with good attitudes), the other carriers seem to attract a somewhat "loftier" clientele (which isn't saying much).