FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - For the One-baggers, what about toiletries
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:07 am
JustSomeGuy1978

Programs: air miles
For the One-baggers, what about toiletries

Just wondering what one bag travellers do for toiletries given the size restrictions on liquids/gels and just space in general when traveling with only one bag.

I'm a male and I travel with glasses, glasses cleaner, spare contact lenses, contact lens case and cleaning solution, body wash, shampoo, comb/brush, hair styling product, toothbrush and toothpaste, mouth wash, floss, shaving cream and razor, hand cream, and misc medications (pepto bismol, alka seltzer, advil, etc) all are travel sized and I still manage to fill my Swiss Gear hanging toiletry pack, which takes up quite a bit of room in my rolling carry on bag. My questions are:

A: What do you do to reduce the bulk of you toiletries down to a manageable size and into a smaller toiletry bag
B: How do you deal with security given new security rules (especially in the USA) with liquids/gels and the requirement that they be visible and in clear bags at least as I understand it.