FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) restricts bonus based on number of accounts opened/closed (June 2018)
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:21 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by linaseta
I just tried to apply for Amex Delta Gold and got the dreaded message saying I wasnt eligible for the sign up bonus.
I've only ever opened ONE amex card, the Hilton Aspire, this August. No previous history with amex other than that.
I also used the card 2 weeks ago to pre-paid for a week of stay at the Hilton during December.

Any ideas of why I am not eligible for the Delta signup bonus? What have been the data points for declined bonuses? Does Chase applications affect Amex?
How can you work around this or stop this from happening in the future?
Originally Posted by linaseta
oh i see, thanks for uneartching that thread. Still learning to use the search function!
Although i think i figured out what it would have been. Amex 2/90.
If you've only opened one AMEX card previously, it's not 2/90 - that rule states you can only be approved for two AMEX credit card applications within a 90 day period.

The card for which you were denied was only your 2nd AMEX application in 90 days, no? So not 2/90.