View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 04, 9:36 pm
UMprof

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Gold
It seems NWA is being fairly rigid on its hurricane policy right now. I had an award ticket booked from DTW to GGT (Great Exuma, Bahamas) for tomorrow 9/1. The hotel I had booked (4 Seasons Exuma) has a cancellation policy of 2 days charged if within 30 days -- however they gladly waived this in light of the impending hurricane Frances.

However, when I tried to get NWA to waive the redeposit fee for the miles (was using my wife's miles and she's silver) they said the flight would have to be cancelled for them to do it. Our flight is tomororow at 4pm from FLL (Continental flight 9204, Gulfstream operated) and it's hard to say whether it will be cancelled or not since the hurricane probably won't hit GGT until Thursday. They said that the *Wednesday* flight had to be cancelled, not later flights which I think is a bit strict since if Thurs-Sat flights are cancelled into GGT, what does that tell you about the trip in general? Btw, Continental is already offering reacommodations without penalty for flights to GGT among other locations (see http://www.continental.com/company/n...eradvisory.asp).

If the Thursday flight 9204 is cancelled, would it be unreasonable to write a letter requesting the $100 redeposit fees be refunded?

And the lesson from above is, don't book award travel to the Caribbean in hurricane season unless it's from a Platinum acct...

dennis