FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:38 pm
ckidder331

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
flew Premium Plus from EWR-LAX yesterday
Thoughts:
1) Seat was ok (maybe a 6 out of 10). I found the width very nice and the cushion comfy for 5 hours. I did not like the fold out leg rest (I was in the bulkhead on a 787-10). Tough to get comfortable using it. ended up just having my feet on the wall or the floor most of the trip.
2) Can't imagine trying to sleep in one of these seats for an international flight. The leg rest was of no help so its basically a newer version of a domestic first class seat
3) The food was not great. I had the chicken which ended up being chicken with a lot of cheese and cream sauce and orzo. I did enjoy the fresh fruit. Drink service was pretty standard fro economy, having the FA's come by a couple times in the 5 hour flight. The FA did get annoyed everytime the people behind me rang the call button to request an alcoholic drink (because they are free).
4) Service was fine but unmemorable.
Overall it was a nice comfy way to fly 5 hours across the US. I bought a sandwich beforehand just in case the food wasn't great and was very happy I did.