FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by indrawnrt
just got this reply from ihg, u need to book after sign up to this promotional offer, that sucks
----

Please note that the 'Up To 4X' Offer requires prior registration in order for stays to qualify. Our records show that your account was registered to the Promotion only today 25 October 2019. While the upcoming stays in question were booked prior to 25 October.

I'm sorry about this Mr. Xxx

Not to worry though, I show you're a frequent guest at IHG Hotels. I'm confident you'll be able to fulfill the Promotion criteria before it ends on 31 January 2020.

-----
it sucks....
Sometimes it is better not to believe in the words of customer service. The Terms and Conditions is very clear that booking after registration is not required. The only part concerning the booking and staying is
Stays must booked by December 15, 2019 and completed by January 31, 2020.

If IHG is to tell you that you must book at certain period (i.e. after registration), it would do so like the current Kimpton Annual Sale or 50% Luxury Bonus Points promotion (well sort of compare apple to oranges from my part, but ...).

I know one has to be safe and not to assume. Yet I think the best way is to wait for registered user to report back after their experience to see if their prior reservation had been honored or not. As it is not defined in the terms and conditions, I encourage flyertalkers who did not receive bonus points to argue their case.