FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAA Emergency Airworthiness Directive apply to AC's 777-300ER GE90-115B engines?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:26 pm
WaytoomuchEurope

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Airworthiness Directives are routinely sent to operators of commercial aircraft, and could relate to any component of any airplane. This is not the first nor the thousandth AD received by Air Canada. As explained above, the operator must comply with the AD within the stipulated timeframe/cycles, or else the plane doesn't fly.

I don't know how long it takes to replace an interstage seal, or even if AC is affected by this AD, but this is the sort of thing done overnight when the planes are towed into the hangars for routine maintenance. I imagine the only likely disruption is possible revised scheduling & prioritization of various fins by the maintenance planners.

[/color]
It's unlikely any of the 777s will reach half the number of cycles within 3 days.

Thanks for the response. Agreed about the cycles, though nothing would stop them from doing the swaps early.

Having said that, I'm hanging on your "overnight during routine maintenance". All in all a very minor issue if the aircraft were to be swapped - I was just curious. Again, thanks for the response.