FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ESTA ("Electronic System For Travel Authorization") see here for threads and Q&A's
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:51 am
Deckter

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I would take both passports, I think that when you enter your passport that has the "old" ESTA it will pop-up your flight details as that is associated with the advance passenger information you will have supplied. If you put in your "new" passport and ESTA it will likely say "huh?" and not find the flight details. As for filling in the ESTA for your new passport all you can do is fill in (or scan) the details from it and enter them exactly as they are, there is a part where you have to say if you have other passports or "alias", and that is where I would put it. On the basis, I don't think there is anywhere else to put it. But as someone said, whatever you do don't lie or try to be clever, just answer what they put in front of you honestly and all will be fine.

And yes, having to endure the first time ESTA, and in fact, US immigration (without GE), is like a step back in time.
I somehow missed your reply until now. My flight details are associated with the new passport, as I went through the name changing process with BA before I got the tickets. It's just that my first ever entry on ESTA was at JFK, and it took over 2 hours, i really hope i don't have to go through that again this time, my connection time is less than that.