FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:41 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by palmanfr
but do you think I have a case to pursue ?
It's certainly interesting the lengths they have gone through here, and you seem to have found some holes in there logic anyway.

I would query whether (a) having 6 spare aircraft - actually 1 in reality - is intolerable (you are correct, that phrase comes from CEDR rulings) - is this not inherent in their operations? And one working aircraft for a large and profitable airline at their global hub hardly seems overkill (b) maybe if they had taken more care with their fleet they would not be 5 / 10 aircraft down on one day. (c) what evidence is there that they looked to other carriers to rebook passengers? (d) what evidence is there that they didn't operate their other French services to do a second stop (e.g. ex CDG or NCE?).

We are in the "all reasonable measures" game here, and I'm not seeing that proved here.