FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:25 am
romana2

Last year in April, May I flew Salt Lake City - Seattle - London Heathrow - Edinburgh with BA.

The flight Seattle - London was delayed due to checks after lightning strike, and in the end I missed my flight to EDI and was rebooked. Door opened 4:03 later. I tried claiming several times on BA without luck. They say the lightning strike was an extraordinary event that could not have been predicted or precented.

I'd like to try again, maybe via an agency. But now I'm slightly into problems: I still have the flight number for Seattle - LHR, but I don't know the time I arrived there. I don't know the flight number anymore for the flight I was booked on, but only that door opened 04:03 later than scheduled. BA website doesn't have any info anymore and their claim systen is set up such that I can't see the messages I sent to them, but only their answer.

Any suggestion on this? Has jurisdiction changed? What agency might be able to help without billing me if they are not successful? How do I get the missing info? Or should I just let it go?