FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible to get Singapore Airlines (SQ) flight on 016 stock?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:57 pm
BenjiK

Programs: United
Question UA OAL Fares on 016 vs the OAL

Hi all -

Long time lurker, first time poster. I did some hunting around, but didn't see anything recent, so I apologize if this is a repeated question or not appropriate.

I'm trying my hardest to re-qualify for 1K status next year, but the bulk of my flying between now and the end of the year is within Asia, Europe, and the South Pacific. All of the flights I'm considering on other *A partners are also available on UA's site, but at a much, much higher fare class and thus price. Given that UA metal isn't an option for quite a few of my flights, I'm trying my best to ticket on 016 where I can, but the fares are so egregious (3x the price on UA.com) and searching for other fare buckets in Expert Mode doesn't yield any results.

Has anyone found a workaround to this or is it just one of those SOL situations? Example would be trying to ticket an SQ D or U class ticket on 016 stock, when I think United is only filing C and Z for SQ.

Thanks!