FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG-DAD(Danang)-HKG on KA
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:41 pm
deadinabsentia
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Pardon the newbie question - first time KA flyer but many sectors on CX. The daily flights on HKG-DAD-HKG are a bit puzzling to me . On certain days of the week it is operated by an A321 and there are J class seats for sale . On other days the flight is operated by an A320 and it consistently seems that J class buckets are zeroed out . I have seen this phenomenon close in and far out in terms of booking window .

However , the seatmaps for all the A320 flights show an 8 seat J cabin . The seatmaps vary from completely full to no seats assigned but the J class is zeroed out . I know seatmaps are not , by themselves , necessarily indicative of load .

What I am trying to figure out is if there are certain days on A320 when J is NOT sold as a separate cabin . If that is the case , then is the J cabin seating given to CX Elite ? Any info appreciated!

KA has all Y A320's.

Alternatively, if it is a A320 with J, there are only 8 seats. Given the 'sale' earlier this yes, I expect many flights have been sold out in J since January.