FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Renting at DEN (DIA); What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:27 am
Thomasgrant57

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Really no reason to take all this guff from a petty tyrant...did you ask for a Manager? The Managers can authorize comp upgrades...I have gotten comp Range Rovers from Hertz this way.

I will say this - if I agreed to an upgrade and the agent agreed to it and just arbitrarily changed his mind - I would ask for the Manager and the Escalade would be complimentary, if not the Range Rover. It's all about being polite but firm - some of the Gold counters just have rude agents so I swerve and avoid them. No need to deal with their negativity or incompetence.
It was like 130 AM when I went in & the manager had left at midnight, so there wasn’t anyone to clear it with. I told the guy upfront if he wasn’t comfortable doing I understood & didn’t want him to get in trouble over it. He proceeded to say that he wouldn’t do anything he was uncomfortable with. Just didn’t understand why he had me wait 15 mins for someone to find the key & confirm the Range Rover was there & then changed his mind. Just odd & unnecessary.