FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:39 am
serpens

Originally Posted by threeoh
Don't see why it wouldn't be covered but I also can't recall anyone on this thread reporting a private car road trip....so please report back either way!
Originally Posted by threeoh
Awesome, problem resolved! But you have deprived FT of a data point :-p
This is an interim report. I submitted the claim (for $30, the cancellation fee) two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

The eclaims description of what happens after I submit the claim is somewhat contradictory. It says the examiner will respond within five business days, but it also says that it might take two days for the documentation to be available to the examiner. (Why? Slow electrons?) In any event, even if eclaims means that it would take seven business days and Columbus Day was not a business day, it's been nine business days and eclaims has missed its self-appointed target. Is this usual? Should I wait a while longer (it would be almost a month due to another trip) or respond to the email acknowledging receipt of the claim? Thanks for any suggestions.