FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2hrs LHR connection on separate PNR BA - TG
Old Oct 20, 2019, 4:08 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
Have been contemplating booking a GIB - LHR on BA and then LHR - BKK on TG, with a 2hr transit time.

Problem is that my agent refuses to book me a through ticket on one PNR saying it’s not possible, and as such I need to DIY the GIB - LHR portion.
I've only spent a few minutes on my GDS with this, and so there may be more to it (e.g. specific dates etc) but I was able to construct a BA + TG ticket, the connection time on the day I checked (6 November) was 2 hours 15 minutes involving LHR T3 to T2 transfer - that's usually fairly quick. That's BA491 to TG917. Wasn't very cheap mind! That was because it was forced into B fare class on BA, and full fat Y on TG. 6 hour connection on the return. I could probably have got it cheaper with a bit more effort.

The other options presented were with Qatar and Aeroflot via LHR and DME.

In short I'd ask your agent to have another look at this.