FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terrible Experience in Business Class with Eva Air
Old Oct 18, 2019, 4:24 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hotpopcorn
having flown BR on multiple occasion, i always like service and care for clients. I do prefer them over many other North American airlines. Thank God you dont have to deal with crappy service from Air Canada, United, etc etc.

On compensation, most airlines are very stingy on giving out anything. They have bands for compensation under which they have to operate. i think $200 is middle band, this also gets calculated depending on how much you paid for the flight.
Compensation depends on the airline - I've received $250 for a UA flight not having pajamas onboard. Asian airlines, and some European airlines, just don't compensate aside from a shoulder shrug. That leaves the flyer with an option of taking it up with their credit card issuer and filing a dispute for not receiving the product that was paid for, or a US person filing a small claims court suit which most foreign airlines won't know how to handle, thus you get a default judgement and go to the airport with your judgement order and Sheriff in tow, and make them pay you from their ticket counter cash box - or order a seizure of their aircraft on the ground until they pay you. Complicated, but satisfying in the end, especially as a small claims case is fairly cheap to file in most states.