FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was downgraded from business to economy on LOT flight
Old Oct 18, 2019, 3:44 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ihamer
I was downgraded from business to economy on LOT flight WAW-YYZ due to overbooked flight. Flight purchased using Aeroplan points.
What are my options regarding compensation - who do I go after - Airline (LOT) or Aeroplan?
Thank you.
Originally Posted by ihamer
I am new here - what are "The EU rules" and how that applies to this case?
Thanks!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
75% of the "fare" for the downgraded segment, but you paid with AC miles, so presumably LOT would pay you in cash rather than refund AC miles.

There's an extensive and very authoritative big sticky thread on EC261 rules in the BA forum, including a lot of discussion about what happens when one had paid in miles or other instruments rather than cash for the ticket.
Many forum have EC261/2004 threads

The BA thread, which tends to be more restrained-->The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

An AC thread-->Best approach for EU261 claim

But you claim against the operating airline. Ask for compensation as EC261/2004. Many airlines initially refuse/denie or offer less
LOT is covered by FT forum https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...iles-more-495/
LOT EC261 thread (has a link in post 2) Where is LOT airway form for Flight Cancellatio Regulation (EEC) No 295/91 located

What is the cost of an award, in AC ff miles, for business & economy?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 18, 2019 at 3:49 pm