FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IST Layover suggestion
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:00 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
Wow. Great advice!

I am also contemplating a long stayover. I have a choice of either a BHX-IST-MNL leg with maybe 6 hours layover, or AMS-IST-MNL with a whopping 22 hour layover on the 4th Dec (arriving about 4am and leaving about 2am the next day as there is only one MNL flight a day). The cost is about the same (even with the BHX-AMS leg on KLM factored in and the transit visa) and I have FB Gold so there is minimal impact on luggage (I do max out the luggage allowance).

I am TK*G

My wife, incidentally, likes food so she will be suitably impressed if I should bring her back some Turkish delicacies...So with this in mind, what would you propose? Shorter journey OR a transit of Istanbul, and if so, what do you think would be a good way to go about it?

Looking forward to your suggestions
Be aware that you won't be eligible for the stopover hotel or sleeping rooms so take the 22h option only if you could stay awake or if you are OK to sleep at the sleeper-sofas at the lounge.
You could do lots of things in Istanbul at 22h. So, it's up to you.

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Would send you a PM today
Sent it.