FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Eat Around Town’ Program
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:40 am
Mr. BoH

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Mildly off-topic, and hopefully I don't get slammed for promoting a competing service, but I recently discovered "Seated", a dining app that gives straight cashback. Based on my initial experience:
  • It does not use the Rewards Network, so you can potentially double- or triple- dip.
  • The only cites (yet) are NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, Atlanta, and Chicago, but within these cities there is a huge selection of restaurants - many more than Rewards Network.
  • Cashback amount vary, but are generally much more rewarding than mileage programs. I typically see 10-30% of bill before tip.

I have only dined with them a few times so far, but getting cash out (in form of Amazon giftcards) was quick and painless. If you sign up, use code MATT1504 and we both get a $15 bonus.

I am surprised that I don't see this discussed more, so I figured I would mention it here. I am not affiliated with Seated, but mods feel free to delete if this is inappropriate.

Last edited by Mr. BoH; Oct 23, 2019 at 4:05 pm