FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEW! Airpoints Tenure Benefits
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:33 am
freemark

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by Noobmaster69
Just wondering at what age did everyone here become proper frequent flyers?
And do you feel like it's easier or harder to jump into the frequent flyer cycle nowadays?
Thanks
At about 53 - 3 yrs ago this Jan. Went from Jade to Gold in 11 months, mainly flying from Welly to various SI ports (on the way to Kaikoura for rebuild ops as I had a large team down there, and a ChCh office) Had a couple of Above & Beyond SP boosts, and Y longhauls over last couple of years. Got to GE recently, flying north a lot more now and a few regionals. Paid PE AMS-AKL helped too, still needed a $750 Sunday SP run. I purchase a fair bit on C/Card for companies I contract to, including all flights. Sitting on 9 reward boosts currently, well ahead of earn rate to regain - but haven’t really used Elite benefit yet - valet parking once. Anyone else have a wallet full of Rental Car & Hotel upgrade thin cardboard? Anyone used them? Happily I live close enough to Wgtn airport to not have traffic hassles - I could walk probably but haven’t- someone did and left a luggage trolley outside mine recently!
That’s my story, I’m sticking to it. Just for a change heading to AKL tmrw in my “Born from Jets” car, good to be able to take some kit without Avsec & weight issues.
Have a great weekend FT’ers. Go the AB’s...😀