FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:06 am
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Herb687
I missed that it was three stops rather than two. Let's try ORD-ERI-IPT-ELM-LGA on that AL DC-9-30.

AA D10 LAX-DFW-SJU-SXM?
44. You are getting closer! The third stop was made in New York state and was indeed Elmira (ELM). However, the second stop was not made at Williamsport (IPT).....but it was made at a small city in Pennsylvania.

56. Correct! Here's the sched....

AA 606: Los Angeles (LAX) 7:00a - 12:00n Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) 1:10p - 7:20p San Juan (SJU) 8:15p - 8:58p St. Maarten (SXM)
Freq: Daily
Service classes: F/Y
Meal services: Breakfast LAX-DFW, Lunch DFW-SJU
Equip: DC-10

Many years ago back at this time, I boarded American 606 at LAX in first class bound for San Juan. It was my first trip outside of the continental U.S. and my very first trip to the Caribbean. At SJU, I met up with a good friend who was a pilot at the time for Eastern Express flying the DHC-6 Twin Otter and flew with him over to St. Croix where he lived. I spent almost a month in that part of the Caribbean exploring St. Croix, St. Thomas and St. John as well as Tortola and Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. I had also yet to set foot on a sailboat which I did during this trip for the first time as well.