FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Busan Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:23 am
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
I agree that the city is quite large. I've been here a few days and barely scratched the surface. The public transit is great, but the subway seems crowded all of the time.

I went to Beomeosa temple yesterday and thought it was worthwhile on a nice day. I took the subway and then a bus and it was quite easy. The temple is quite large. I guess there's been a temple there for 1350 years or so but the current buildings are not that old. Altho a couple date from the 1640s the rest seem quite a bit newer. The setting on the mountain is very picturesque.

I took a night tour on Tuesday that was very good. Nice views of the city all lit up at night. It's advertised on Airbnb's site. The guy running the tour is very nice. He lived in NZ for several years so his English is great. Only $30 and I felt it was worthwhile since we went places I never would have gotten to on my own. https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/2...ts=1&source=p2 There are a few other tours Airbnb has listed that sounded good but since no one else had signed up to take them the day I could go they didn't run.

I enjoyed the Busan Museum. It's a good historical overview of the city and it's free to visit. I thought it was quite worthwhile. The UN war cemetery is right next door as well. It's a beautiful place dedicated to those lost in the war.

Last evening I went to Busan Citizens Park. I thought it was great. They have several fountains with a light show that I am totally a sucker for. It's pretty huge overall. It was a relatively easy walk from my Airbnb in Seomyeon.

It's an interesting city. Not much English though which is fair enough. But it seems like Seoul is much more international so communication can be a bit easier there.

ETA - Went down to Nampo this evening. Skip Busan Tower. At night you can't see anything because there's so much glare on the windows. Instead go to the Lotte department store which has a free open air observation deck on the 13th floor with a good view of the bridges all lit up.

Last edited by glennaa11; Oct 17, 2019 at 6:30 am