FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:49 pm
Raul_R

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
LH F is hard to find with any of the partners. TK is no exception, but the additional hoops make it harder.

I managed to get an LH F “O” reservation (even showed up in the app) for my mom early this year, but couldn’t get hold of the local office to get the thing ticketed/paid for in time. Would have loved to treat her to the experience.
LH O (award F) is as common to be accessible for Miles&More members only until T-14.
LX O (award F) is awailable ONLY for Miles&More Senators and HON members. Nobody else can get the F award seat at all.
Upgrades are a bit different story.

As the F cabins are very small -- just 8 seats and they usually also manage to sell them as revenue seats very well, I personally see it is very good that they at first thnk about their own elites and only after some timeline will release seats to everybody else in *A. As I know SQ is doing it already looong time. LH high status is much harder to get and keep than any TK status, so they should honour their own elites above everybody else.