FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IST Layover suggestion
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:36 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Snoozeboy
Hello all, I have an 8h40 layover at new IST, flying from NCE arriving at 1530 Wednesday and leaving to DXB at 0010 the same night. I'm a recently qualified TK Elite, flying TK economy (E/H).

I did this once before from the old airport and went for a nice dinner at Sunset Grill near Besiktas. I'd like to do something similar, go to a nice spot, either in Istanbul or nearby and have a nice dinner, then back to airport.

With the new airport being further away, I don't know if my idea is realistic. Any ideas? What are my options...
- Lounge it - will they put up with me for that long?
- Do I qualify for any sleeping room at a lounge as I'll be tired from visiting a conference?
Edit: I checked ISTFlyer's answer in another thread and I don't qualify as none of my flights are >8 hours.
- I looked at the airside Yotel but it's too expensive for an afternoon nap.
- Go for the dinner option - any suggestions of nice places? I'd like to find somewhere more rustic/local than the Sunset. It doesn't have to be glamorous.

Thanks in advance.
- You could access the lounge 24 hours before departure until your flight.
- Thanks for answering the second question on your own
- It's too expensive. There are free nap areas at the airport but I assume that it would be difficult to find a free one.
- Are you looking for Turkish cuisine? Do you want to take public transport or a taxi would be fine? How much would you like to spend for dinner ( 50 TL pp - 100 TL pp - 200 TL pp? )