FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Delta Growing, Improving Coach Experience. Will AA Respond?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:52 am
gajs

Programs: AA EXP 3.9MM and counting, HHDiamond, SPG Plat
As a long time EXP, it pains me to say this: The fast and short answer to this is: that they won't. AA's model is now the bargain basement formula. Race to the bottom in terms of service, and standards, Cut/disregard the loyalty of flyers like myself. IMO, when Mr. Parker took over... he pulled a fast one, and by some corporate quirk I don't understand, managed to install himself as the king pin of AA. Again, IMO, US Airways was woefully inadequate in terms of planes, service and just about every other measure under his 'leadership', yet Parker emerged on top. - The mistake, again IMO, is that airlines will cater to the corporations that fly employees under contracted terms. That's all fine and good as long as things remain healthy, but give the world economy a hiccup -- and those flyers are gone. Raise oil prices, or ??? --- Whose left then? people like me who were flying in empty planes after 911. As I've stated privately and publicly, I am no longer chasing AA status, and have shifted my spending elsewhere. I'll now buy the seat I want, when I want, on the airline that offers me the most for the best price, and leave the hollow remnants of the chase to others. -- The tide will turn eventually, and if the waters are then to my liking, I may dip my toes. Till then, I'll go as above. Cheers!