FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEA-BOS more expensive than last year?
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:43 pm
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by SEA737
I feel like this route has been significantly more expensive than in 2018. Often I'm seeing flights with only Y/S/B availability that are $600+ one way, even a few weeks out, and very few sub-150 fares. Obviously this is not the most thorough analysis but in November and December last year I would easily find ~$99-119 fares one way, and double that r/t, for a weekend trip (I'm comparing then-economy with today's Saver, so the price hike is even more significant when including the $30 elite tax). To top it off Delta and JetBlue seem to be consistently cheaper. Anyone else feels this way?

I haven’t researched in as much depth, but most of my search results (one-ways SEA-WAS/NYC; occasionally BOS and PHL) have come back with similar results

Originally Posted by SEA737
It really is high time Alaska added a third daily winter flight (and fourth during the summer), or just had 3 year-long. Another annoying thing is that AS12 is now an 8am departure (used to be 7am)...
as good as those extra flights would be for you, there’s more demand for the seats elsewhere in the network