FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business -V- First for Couples
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:38 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HolmesLouise120
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time posting!

As a couple, we recently flew business class from Heathrow to Las Vegas. We are planning a return trip for May 2020 and there is just a £200pp difference on the outbound flight between business class and first class.
We enjoyed our business class fight (first timers) as we could see/talk to each other for the whole flight.
My worry if we book the first class seats (again, would be first timers in first) is that as non gold members, we have no chance of reserving 1A and 1K.

My question is, are the middle seats in first worth the extra expense as we would want to be in close proximity to one another? I have seen people on the forum previously complain about these seats.
Are we best sticking with business class in this case?
Without BA status (are you Silver or Bronze? OP just says no Gold and there's no info under your username), you face huge fees to reserve seats together in advance in business class. This mitigates much of the 200 pound price difference.