FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi London Rolltop
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:49 pm
hikouki

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I definitely recommend Tumi for the quality and style. Some here would argue that both have been watered down since Samsonite bought it, but it is still a good brand, IMHO.

One thing I do advice is to really see the item in person and visualize how functional it would for you - try and imagine the utility of each pocket and how the bag would be when it is full. I have an Alpha Bravo Knox backpack and as you fill the main compartments, some of the smaller front compartments get "obliterated" with the expansion inside, thus becoming nonfunctional.

It is still my go-to brand though.

You get anywhere from 20-30% off during their semi-annual sale, but they have sporadic sales here and there. They have really good deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday as well. I have only bought my Tumi items during their semi-annual sale, or after Thanksgiving.

Their outlet stores frequently have good deals. I don't remember if I have ever seen that particular style you are looking for. I once was able to buy a leather laptop brief priced at USD485, for only USD185 during a double discount 4th of July weekend sale!