FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:25 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWRSNA
Thanks for the response. I suppose I meant that I arrived in time to physically make it on the plane before the door closed. Anyways, this situation came about because I needed to fly later than the nonstop LAX-EWR I had originally booked and LAX-SAT-EWR was the only SDC option with availability in my fare class. It was a revenue ticket. For what it's worth, flying a redeye with a connection in SAT was not nearly as annoying as I had expected.
Ah, OK. That makes more sense. In that case — if they’d taken the time to look at it — your coupon would obviously have been OK for travel on the nonstop.

Originally Posted by EWRSNA
Is it also asking a favor to be put on the flight inside of T-30 when there is availability? I do that fairly regularly (e.g., was recently on a 4pm EWR-LAX and arrived at the gate for the 3:05pm EWR-LAX at 2:48pm and was handed a BP right before the door closed). In that case, I showed up on the standby list, but there wasn't anyone behind me waiting to clear.
Yes, but when the list is empty, it’s a smaller favor.