FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - typhoon cancellation, ANA not flexible at all (Diamond member)
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:12 pm
FlyingtoFlyAway

Originally Posted by Often1
You are correct, this is not about fault. But, if your flight is cancelled, under its own COC, you are entitled to a full refund of the fare for the cancelled segment. That may not be much, but don't let it go at just the taxes.

Your travel insurance may help, although few policies cover transfers between separate tickets.
This is the core of the complaint. The *refund* of the cancelled flight as calculated internally has no relationship to the *basic value of the flight* or its *replacement cost.* Does anyone really think it's reasonable to lose a TYO-JFK PY and be refunded around $100? Forget rerouting to Germany (which would just be nice given that I would downgrade and am flexible in dates), the basic problem is an involuntary cancellation that is not replaced with a *useful ticket*--I have a job like most people and need to be online and reachable and can't just off and fly 12 hours any given day: I could only fly the day I booked.