FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:17 am
chavala

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
+1

Among my circle, I am known as the person to ask about travel planning. I'll bet that this is a common trait among FTers.

Over the years, I can't count the number of times that I've been asked, "Is United really that bad?" Then I would often encourage the person to give them a try, under the right circumstances and with the right approach to get a satisfactory outcome.

I have a feeling that I'll be encouraging people to try Alaska, Icelandair, Fiji Airways, etc., after 2021. In fact, a friend emailed yesterday after getting the email on the premier qualification enhancements and is now re-activating his Alaska Mileage Plan account.

I wonder whether United accounts for any value in customer promotion among it's soon to be ex-most frequent fliers. Does that show up on their spreadsheets?
That's me as well. And one of the "United apologists" on this forum. One who stuck up for them during the Dr. Dao fiasco, one who defends them on facebook...
Not only that, but when I moved to Fort Worth 8 years ago, AA offered me a match to Exec Plat, but I still stuck with UA! (What an idiot, right?)

I'll make 1K next month. I'll immediately use up my P+ on Skip the Waitlists for next year. After that, I'm buying business class on the most convenient flights - which means AA will be getting all my money.
The hell with status. The hell with United. I am so DONE.