FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:29 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
I would start with personal auto insurer if you have Comprehensive coverage. Our (State Farm) policy has a provision called Car Rental and Travel Expenses Coverage: Travel expenses coverage pays for meals, lodging and transportation if your vehicle is disabled in an incident covered by your comprehensive or collision insurance more than 50 miles from your home. The key here seems to be that the incident must be covered by Comprehensive. It seems straightforward that it would be if the car is damaged. I think "inaccessible" could be covered by "disabled", but my opinion doesn't matter.

Is the CSR travel delay coverage superior to the Marriott card's benefit (if any)?
My concern with making a claim on auto policy is that our premium will likely go up. I think both Chase cards have the same coverage so probably doesn’t matter. Just prefer UR to Marriott points.