FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Navigo?
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:01 pm
mstraveler

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
I just thought of another idea for you. Are you staying in a hotel with a concierge? Maybe they would be willing to do this for you. (You might have seen the messages where I joined the fans of the George V and its concierges. I am sure they would do this with no issue.)
We are staying in an apartment with a concierge and I will contact him. Good idea and we will not be on a tight time line in Paris thankfully! And we did stay at the George V once in the good old days, but do not know about the fans and concierges but will look.

Originally Posted by Tamino
Navigo cards are just cards. Even if you had one in advance, and I know of no way to do that other than what Landing Gear has suggested above, you must still load a fare onto the card before you can use it. If you want a Navigo Easy loaded with tickets t+, that could be done in advance by a concierge as the Easy is not user specific and the t+ is valid until used.

However, before you can use a Navigo Découverte, .
I looked into the Navigo Decouverte and it is the timing is not right for us. I have an Carte Orange card, with a picture, folder etc, but those are obsolete now sadly. The cards like Navigo Easy and our SF Bay area Clipper Cards are great; just load money onto them and use them. No pictures or too much fussing necessary.