FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 MP changes — Will you switch loyalty programs? What program will you switch to?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:31 am
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Be a free agent and enjoy flying. *G will always be there when you need to fly " Alliance.

If I were close to a hub like LAX, I will be trying out carriers primarily on comfort and schedule convenience (along with price)
This. Get an AMEX Centurion card and Priority Pass, and you will virtually never be without a lounge to frequent. LH, LX, OS, SK all have a form of bidding for an upgrade which I've found to be superior to playing the W fare lottery on UA. On TK, KL and BA, unsold C seats are often available at T-24 for an attractive price. I've been flying all these airlines over the past 2 (almost 3) years - along with UA - and it's on UA where I sit in the back most often.

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Are you on paid business class tickets for your trips or economy? That makes a huge difference in determining a program. LH is actually not that hard to earn *G (Senator) if you're on paid J fares, but the benefits aren't as good as 1K. (it does suck to try to earn Senator on discount economy fares, which is why it's typically an unpopular one on this board).
While I'm not a member of Miles and More, as a lifetime UA *G I'm treated better on LH than on UA. YMMV, of course.