FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:34 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
No it just needs to be UA operated. But there's no earning advantage to ticketing it on a partner.
Oh I am no longer going to be tied to 016 as a result of these changes - I will want to use my PlusPoints next year and then will be a free agent.

So my questions were geared to understanding when I need to buy an 016 ticket (not needed @:-)) and whether to keep the United CC (not needed @:-)).

I have been a very loyal 1K member but will not be able to meet the new requirements and it will be very liberating as I do fly OALs.

It is interesting as I actually thought PlusPoints was a great incentive to remain with United, and Premier Plus is a great choice for flying but these new qualification requirements just removed the last vestige of loyalty for this 1K flyer - it was good while it lasted. Looking forward to 2020 as my last year as a 1K. Wonder what the next recession will bring United....

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Oct 11, 2019 at 1:43 am