FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1K changes off PNR with family one way - what happens to E+?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:35 am
ryman554

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Yikes - I forgot about that part! They fly Friday morning and would generally check one bag each but 2 are carryon size - probably can consolidate to 1 checked bag that has the large liquids. I will feel bad though as wife would have 2 roller bags, a YoYo stroller and kids backpacks to worry about. Probably worth it to fork over the first checked bag fee.

Another question - if I buy the TOD upgrade which appears to be $104 right now per person (block time just over 2 hours) does that give them free checked bags?
You would pay <n>*$104 to save $30 in bag fees? You are only paying the fee one way.... and you can't just buy an upgrade for one, leaving unattended minors behind.

Traveling with kids alone is best done in economy. The seat arms flip up, and your kiddos (and parent) can enjoy the bench of 3 seats. Since kids are small, there is a lot of room and ability to cuddle/snuggle that you can't do in FC.