FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-it - no Uber or Lyft pick-ups at terminals
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:45 am
JBD

Originally Posted by chrisl137
Weird. The tweet in the first post still displays for me, and the link is in the twitter post (just above the picture and behind the sign about the leopard)...
After reading this, I tried something and figured out what was going on. On my laptop I use Firefox in Private Mode, and that's where the first post's link and image is completely missing. But when I go into a regular window on FF I see everything. And I now remember I read this thread initially on my phone via Safari. All obviously off topic, but posting this in the effort to be helpful to others.

Originally Posted by chrisl137
...I made a wikipost and put the link there - I didn't want to deep link to the pdf in case they block that, but I might try that on an edit.

I think "licensed car services" fall under TCP. As a passenger I'd never think of "TCP" as a category of transport, but I do notice all the vehicles with the numbers on them...
Thanks for going to this trouble and for starting the wiki!

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but do we know if that detailed pdf stating a firm 3:00 am October 29 start time, and mentioning TCPs specifically, was created by LAWA or created by Skift? It's just that I've looked, hard, for this pdf on an official website to no avail, and its firm start time differs from LAWA's current info.

But bottomline, it would seem that the FTer on this thread who guessed that the TCPs would be lumped together with the Ubers/Taxis is most likely wrong. So I'll stop clogging up this thread and will look forward to reading FTer's anecdotal reports.

Thanks again chrisl137 for the replies. ^

Edited to add:
Just posted the official links in the wiki

Last edited by JBD; Oct 10, 2019 at 1:07 am